Fibre is the part of plant material that our bodies can’t break down and use as a fuel source, but it plays a very important role in our digestive pathway and is crucial to our overall health. There are two types of fibre: soluble and insoluble.
Insoluble fibre does not completely break down and is left intact as “roughage” as it moves through the digestive tract. Think of it like the fibrous parts of celery.
Soluble fibre, as the name suggests, dissolves in water and it becomes a gel-like substance in our digestive system. It is found in beans, seeds, lentils, oats, barley and some fruits and vegetables. Think of it like the sticky consistency of oatmeal: the gel-like matrix slows digestion to provide a variety of health benefits.
- Weight management: Keeps us feeling full for longer to curb appetite, reduce sugar cravings, and prevent some fats from being absorbed1.
- Lowers cholesterol: Reduces the amount of cholesterol that is absorbed from food and helps the body to eliminate cholesterol through the colon1.
- Stabilizes blood sugar: Slows down the speed at which we break down and absorb sugars, preventing a dramatic spike and crash of blood sugar, and instead slowly and evenly releasing sugars into the bloodstream. This reduces our risk of type 2 diabetes and obesity, and also helps us maintain energy and mental clarity throughout the day1.
- Reduces heart disease risk: lowering cholesterol, stabilizing blood sugar and assisting with weight management contribute to reducing the risk of heart disease3.
- Promotes healthy gut flora: Acts as a food source to healthy bacteria in the colon, helping to nourish a healthy gut environment1.
According to Canadian guidelines, women need 25g of fibre per day and men need 38g per day, with 25% of this coming from soluble fibre. However, the typical North American diet contains less than half the daily recommended intake of fibre2. Even if we are aware of benefits and sources of fibre in the diet, it is still challenging to get enough each day.
SOLUBLE FIBRE BLEND provides 5 grams of soluble fibre from a Certified Organic, non-GMO blend of Baobab and Acacia fibres that help to manage weight, lower cholesterol, reduce heart disease risk, and promote healthy digestion. It does not contain artificial sweeteners, colours, sugars, or additives, and is less likely to cause constipation than psyllium-containing formulas. SOLUBLE FIBRE BLEND provides a natural food source of fibre in an easy to consume form that helps us to supplement our daily soluble fibre intake.
Each Scoop (7g) Contains
Organic Acacia Gum Powder (Senegalia Senegal)4g
Organic Baobab Fruit Powder (Adansonia digitata)3g
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: None
Priority Allergens: None
Healthology does not use genetically modified ingredients. All ingredients are NON-GMO / GMO FREE.