- Helps to break down protein, carbs, fats, complex starches, and dairy products for better digestion and utilization
- Helps the body utilize other nutrients and minerals
- Decreases indigestion and feeling heavy after eating
- Enzyme pH range 3-7 for use throughout the digestive tract
Eating a nutrient-dense whole food diet is super important, for all the nutrients it provides to allow your body to survive and flourish. You can only access these great nutrients though if you can break down and absorb them through your digestive tract and into your body. If not, those nutrients are essentially being flushed right through your digestive tract and into the toilet! Full Spectrum Plant Enzymes can greatly increase your ability to maximize the benefits of your food and your health.
Enzymes speed up reactions. There are thousands of enzymes filling thousands of roles throughout the body. In digestion, enzymes are required to help break bigger molecules down into smaller components, making nutrients easier to absorb into the bloodstream or lymphatic system. Plant enzymes are a type of digesting enzyme that is naturally found in the foods you eat. Whether in our digestive system or while rotting, the right type of enzyme is contained in the plant to break down the items’ nutrients.
Plant enzymes are part of your digestive team, along with digestive juices like stomach acid, bile and pancreatic enzymes, and microbes that live all throughout your digestive system. When any of these players are deficient, it can greatly affect the quality of digestion and absorption. If these nutrients are not broken down, all sorts of digestive upset can occur. A feeling of fullness, excess burping, bloating or flatulence, abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea can all be connected to improperly digested foods. Undigested foods can also feed undesirable microbes, contributing to overgrowth of bacteria or fungi. We are also not absorbing the nutrients into the body, contributing to nutritional deficiencies. Not really the point of eating great food!
All these digestive players can become deficient for many reasons. Chronic stress or eating while stressed or multitasking, dehydration, liver overload, excess refined carbohydrates, certain medications or treatments, antibiotics and gallbladder removal can all contribute. Parasites, food allergies or intolerances, white sugar, or undigested foods can all contribute to damage of the intestinal lining, which greatly affects digestion and absorption. Digestive strength also naturally decrease with age.
Your diet may be deficient in plant enzymes, as they are destroyed with cooking or heating over 118°F. While on one hand cooking can make foods easier to digest, on the other it can deplete the innate enzymes that help us break down the nutrients. A diet high in cooked, processed, or not-fresh raw foods does not provide the plant enzymes required to help your own digestive juices break down nutrients for absorption.
Taking plant enzymes with meals can support your digestive capacity, increase absorption and decrease digestive symptoms. Organika’s Full Spectrum Plant Enzymes come in a convenient, easy-to-swallow capsule and are formulated with a full range of enzymes to cover all the macronutrients:
- Amylase (as alpha-amylase and amyloglucosidase) to break down carbohydrates into simple sugars
- Protease to break down proteins into amino acids
- Lipase to break down fats into fatty acids
- Plus Lactase to specifically break down the sugars in dairy
- Plus Cellulase and hemicellulase to break down fibre
Unlike conventional digestive aids, plant enzymes not only ease unpleasant digestive symptoms – such as nausea, diarrhea, upset stomach and inflammation – but they also help our bodies absorb nutrients better. The result is improved digestion, higher nutrient absorption and a healthier body that is less susceptible to infection, fatigue and degenerative diseases.
MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS — EACH VEGETARIAN CAPSULE CONTAINS:
- Cellulase (Trichoderma reesei) (Whole) 55 Food Chemicals Codex Cellulase Unit
- alpha-Amylase (Aspergillus flavus var. oryzae) (Whole) 1200 FCC Dextrinizing Unit
- Bacterial Protease (Bacillus licheniformis) (Whole) 300 FCC Bacterial Protease Unit
- Lipase (Aspergillus niger) (Whole) 200 FCC Lipase Unit
- Lactase (Aspergillus flavus var. oryzae) (Whole) 200 FCC Acid Lactase Unit
- Magnesium Stearate (Non-GMO Vegetable Source)
- Microcrystalline Cellulose
- Hypromellose (Vegetarian Capsule)